About Your Advocate &
Judy Lawten, RN Director
Judy Lawten, a Registered Nurse, has dedicated her life to healthcare. She has been an RN Advocate since 2013. Judy honed her nursing skills and medical knowledge at prestigious medical centers including New York’s Presbyterian Hospital at Columbia University and in critical care at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. Having worked at these premier institutions and in the medical industry for decades, Judy has developed a wide breadth of medical knowledge and resources for care.
Judy has watched as many have struggled to face their own diagnoses or chronic conditions while trying to stay focused to make the right decisions for care. She is passionate in her approach to help her clients understand their options and to make sure their goals stay in front of their healthcare providers. Some of the biggest issues she has encountered and addressed include conflicting information among providers, confusing medical tests and lab results, the lack of productive time in office visits, challenges for seniors with medical needs, and difficulties with the overwhelming complexity of our healthcare system.
About Sagemont RN Healthcare Advocates
The name Sagemont comes from the Sage Flower, which represents wisdom, long life and good health, and “mont”, referring to the mountains near where the company is based in Boulder, Colorado. While we use the term Healthcare Advocates interchangeably with Patient Advocates or Medical Advocates, we refer to ourselves as “Healthcare Advocates” because it encompasses all aspects of the health of individuals both in and out of the hospital.
Sagemont RN Advocates are nurses, who are independent patient advocates and work for you – not your doctor or hospital. While Judy provides most of the services, she does partner with other RN Advocates as needed.
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the State of Colorado
- Volunteered with Boomers Leading Change in Health, Denver
- Volunteered with St. Anthony’s Centura Health, Denver
- Volunteered with the former HospiceCare of Boulder and Broomfield Counties (now known as Tru Community Care)
- Experience with new technologies such as stem cells and PRP
- Colorado Patient Navigator Training, Level 1 Program
- Colorado Patient Navigator Training, Level 2 Program Collaborative Course, Advanced Care Coordination
- The ReCONNECT Program –Transition of Care Coaching, St. Anthony’s Hospital, Colorado
- University of Arizona College of Nursing/RN Patient Advocates - Online Course
- George Washington University's Cancer Center's Online Academy - Executive Training
Our Areas of Expertise
- Chronic medical conditions
- A new or acute diagnosis
- Pre-operative or post-operative support
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Orthopedic problems
- Neurological issues
- Respiratory or lung diseases
- Autoimmune diseases
- A cancer diagnosis
- Support for visitors to Colorado who may have gotten injured skiing, hiking or cycling in our beautiful environment